Charles F. Bowers Jr.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
A native of New Brighton, Pennsylvania, Mr. Bowers graduated from Columbia College, receiving a B.A. Degree in 1962. He received his law degree, cum laude, from the Columbia University School of Law in 1965 and in that year returned to Beaver County, Pennsylvania to establish a trial practice with the well-known trial lawyer, James B. Ceris. From 1965 to 1991, Ceris and Bowers maintained a personal injury and criminal defense litigation practice, trying cases in Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Lawrence, Mercer and Washington Counties, as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
As an active member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Mr. Bowers has been a member of the House of Delegates for several terms and a member of the Board of Governors, as well as a member of various committees and sections. Locally, he is a past president of the Beaver County Bar and has chaired or served on several committees.
In 1991, with James Ross, he founded what has become Bowers, Ross and Fawcett, a law firm that focuses its practice on personal injury and criminal defense cases.
For more than four decades Mr. Bowers has been active in the fight to protect the injured, the consumer and the civil justice system. He is an active member of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association where he has held numerous positions and offices. Mr. Bowers has been conferred the status of Senior Counsel of the American College of Barristers and has played an active role in the American Association for Justice. He has also been appointed as a civil mediator in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
In the criminal field, Mr. Bowers is an active member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and has lectured on various aspects of the handling of personal injury cases and the defense of criminal cases.
Mr. Bowers has received professional recognition by attaining an "AV" rating through the National Lawyers Rating Service of Martindale Hubbell.
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1965
- Honors: cum laude
- Columbia College
- B.A. - 1962
- Pennsylvania, 1965
- "AV" Rating Through the National Lawyers Rating Service of Martindale Hubbell
- Beaver County, Past President
- Pennsylvania Bar Associations, Member, House of Delegates
- Pennsylvania Bar Associations, Member, Board of Governors
- American Association for Justice
- American College of Barristers, Senior Counsel
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Civil Mediator
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Active Member
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Active Member
Current Employment Position