820 Kennedy Drive, P.O. BOX 280, Ambridge, Pennsylvania 15003

If you have been injured in an accident, you should consult an attorney immediately and report the claim to your own insurance company. In Pennsylvania, generally, you have two years to file a lawsuit following an accident. However, you should not wait to contact an attorney as evidence can be lost and witnesses' memories can fade.Uninsured motorist coverage protects you and your family in the event that the person who is at fault does not have insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage allows you to make a claim against your own insurance company for the injuries you sustained. Making a claim for uninsured motorist benefits should not raise your rates. It is coverage you paid for to protect yourself and your family.If you have been in an automobile accident while working, your claim should be covered by workers compensation. However, you may also be able to make a claim against the person who caused the accident, depending on the circumstances. Again, you should consult an attorney immediately.The statute of limitations on a personal injury claim in Pennsylvania is 2 years in most cases. However, there are circumstances that could extend the time period or in some cases require notice of the claim to be filed in as little as 6 months. For that reason, it is important that you consult an attorney immediately.Unfortunately, the time varies depending upon the nature of the claim and injuries, and the complexity of the case.Is there a fee to consult your firm about an accident?
No. There is never a fee unless we accept your case and you recover.
How does underinsured motorist coverage work?
Underinsured motorist coverage protects you and your family in the event that the person who is at fault does not have enough coverage to fully compensate you for your injuries. If you have purchased underinsured motorist coverage, you may be able to make a claim against your own insurance company for additional compensation after you recover from the responsible party. To make a claim, you must obtain permission from your own insurance company before you settle with the at fault party. For these reasons, it is important that you are represented by an attorney.
Should I wave uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage on my policy?
No. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage protects you and your family from uninsured and underinsured drivers. Unfortunately, we frequently see clients who have waived this coverage and either receive no compensation for their injuries or significantly less than they are worth, resulting in great hardship. Remember, the minimum liability coverage in Pennsylvania is $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
Why is my insurance company paying my medical bills?
Under Pennsylvania law, when you are in an accident, your medical bills are paid by your own insurance company regardless of who is at fault, until you exhaust your medical coverage limits. This will not cause your premiums to increase if you are not at fault.
Should I choose Limited Tort on my auto insurance?
No. Limited Tort restricts your ability to make a claim for pain and suffering unless you sustain a serious injury as defined by Pennsylvania law. Courts have held that broken bones and herniated discs are not serious injuries. You should insist on having the Full Tort option.
Many factors are involved in determining the value of a claim including but not limited to, your injuries and the medical treatment required to treat those injuries, the length of time it takes you to recover, the amount of lost wages and medical bills, and any future impact your injuries may have on you and your family. You should immediately report the accident to the police and address any medical concerns or injuries. Next, you should obtain the name, address, phone number and insurance information from everyone involved in the accident. You should also obtain the name, address and phone numbers of all witnesses. Do not assume that the police will gather this vital information. If possible, take photos of the accident scene and all vehicles, preferably before the vehicles are moved if it can be done safely.Yes. You must report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.If you sustain any injury, you should seek appropriate medical attention.If the other driver does not have insurance, you may be able to make an uninsured motorist claim if you have purchased uninsured motorist coverage on your own automobile insurance policy. You must report the accident to the police. If you do not have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy, you should purchase the coverage to protect you and your family against this unfortunate situation.If your accident is caused by a faulty or recalled part, you may be able to pursue the manufacturer in a products liability claim. If you believe this may be the case, you must not lose, destroy, alter or repair the vehicle before consulting an attorney. Otherwise, you may lose the ability to make a claim.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form