Pittsburgh Family Law Attorneys Who Advocate for You
Serving individuals and families throughout western Pennsylvania
Divorce is difficult for your entire family, and it’s important to resolve your legal issues as quickly and effectively as possible so that you can move on with your life. At Bowers & Fawcett, LLC in western Pennsylvania, we deliver family law guidance while advocating for your best interests — whether it’s during settlement negotiations or in court. You can turn to us when it comes to child custody, child support, the division of property, spousal support and any other issues you need to address as you seek to end your marriage.
Advice for all areas of family law
When you’re dealing with a family law issue, there are a number of things you must consider. Following are some matters for which we can provide help:
- Divorce. With a knowledgeable family law attorney, you can help your divorce go as smoothly as possible so you can move on with your life.
- Child custody and support. Nothing is more important than the health and well-being of your kids, both now and in the years to come. We help with the most difficult child custody and support issues.
- Spousal support. Sometimes it’s necessary for one spouse to provide temporary payments to the other so that the former partner can receive the training needed to be self-sufficient. This comes in all different forms of spousal support.
- Property division. Pennsylvania is an equitable distribution state, which means property gets distributed in a fair manner, but not necessarily an equal one. When starting the process to divide and distribute your assets, you need to first identify which property is owned by you and your partner together and which items you each own independently.
- Visitation rights. Noncustodial parents still have a right to see their children, and we help you obtain a visitation agreement that works for your needs and living situation.
- Enforcement. Occasions may arise where you may need to secure enforcement if your ex-spouse is not following the agreement.
- Protection from Abuse Orders. In some cases, you may need to file for a Protection from Abuse Order against an ex-spouse or another party if you or your children are in danger. A lawyer can help with this process.
- Annulment. Some marriages are eligible for annulment rather than a divorce. Ask your attorney if this is an option for you.
There are many different issues you must address in a divorce, and a lawyer with Bowers & Fawcett, LLC can make sure you cover all your needs.
Set up your consultation with a family law attorney
If you’re going through a divorce, work with the lawyers at Bowers & Fawcett, LLC by calling 724-266-0290 or contacting us online. Our office is conveniently located just off State Rte. 65 in Ambridge, about 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. We also maintain flexible hours and are willing to meet with you after hours or on weekends if needed.